Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tilapia, Cups and Mash!

Hi, y'all!

Here is what I made a couple nights ago - easy peasy and quite delicious!
The players in the game: Tilapia, garlic, cauliflower, dijon mustard, adobo spice and cage free eggs 
                                                                                        

I started with the mash - the monster mash - I steamed 2 cups of cauliflower until tender and tossed it in my bullet o magic with 1 chopped clove of garlic and a spoonful of dijon mustard. Blended a bit then added a tiny bit of water to smooth out the rest.

Next I created a sauce of sorts using more garlic (3 more cloves) and dijon. Heated 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and sautéed the garlic. When that was ready I added a spoonful of mustard and mixed it all up. 
I sliced the tilapia up into chunks and once the sauce was hot enough, added the fish to the pan. 
I let the fish and sauce cook together, flipping the tilapia halfway through. 

While that was cooking I cracked 2 eggs in a muffin tin and added the oh so magical adobo spice - like I said - it makes everything better. I put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. Remember 1 egg counts as 2 ounces of protein! 

My finished photo collage below. I had a pretty rotten day Tuesday so that explains the face. AND I broke my favorite measuring cup - it was an owl - that I used twice daily. Bad day but great dinner! 

This meal only took 20 minutes to make! Healthy, easy AND fast! I will leave you with this... every choice builds the person you become - choose wisely, fight hard and never give up - you CAN do it! 

In Health and Happiness,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment