Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Ideal Fail

One of my favorite things to make is muffins (or cupcakes) using the ideal protein drink mixes! I have used the chocolate drink mix, orange drink mix and vanilla drink mix and they all turned out great! They used to be super dry but I have found that adding a spoonful of Walden Farms chocolate or caramel dip makes them very moist!

I decided to make a batch yesterday using the orange mix and for fun, tried the blueberry cran-granata... 
This is the batter: 1 drink mix, 1 egg, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of baking powder, a tiny bit of water and 1 spoonful of Walden Farms caramel dip. 
The orange turned out great! After about 10 additional minutes of baking the cran granata and having zero baking success I had a light bulb moment. The blueberry cran-granata mix has COLLAGEN in it! AND I think that made the difference. SO in case you thought you would get creative with the granata drink... don't ;) 

But DO try the other drink mixes as muffins! It really helps curb the "I can't have real muffins but I want them so badly" craving. 

In Health and Happiness, 
Stacy 

No comments:

Post a Comment