Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rosemary Garlic Vegetable Soup

Hi Team!

I hope everyone is doing well! Today was weigh in day for this girl and after a week of lots of "oops" and "uh-oh"s -- donut holes,  hot apple cider, and haunted houses may have been involved -- I still managed to drop .6 pounds and my body fat went down! I am completely back on track and looking forward to being 100 percent this week!! It also has gotten a little chilly here in New York so I decided to make some veggie soup!!

Today's Players:
4 Cups low sodium vegetable broth
3 Cups chopped Mushrooms
1 Cup diced Red Onion
2.5 Cups chopped Celery
2 Cups Cauliflower Pieces
1.25 Cups diced Jicama
6 Cups Spinach
2.5 Cups diced Peppers
4 Cloves Garlic minced
1 Bunch fresh Rosemary
Spices to season: I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin

Recipe: Start by sauteing minced garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add Celery, Peppers, Mushrooms - let cook 2 minutes - Add Onion, Jicama, Cauliflower - let cook another 5 minutes - Add the Spinach,  Vegetable Broth and seasonings. Cover. Let cook for 10 minutes. Enjoy!!

This recipe Yields 11 cups.
Per Cup: 35 calories, 7.1 carbs*

*estimated through My Fitness Pal

A really easy way to get your veggies in when you are in a hurry. I portioned mine out so I can take 1 serving to work with me for lunch for the week!

In Health and Happiness,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment