Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Go-To List

Hey Team! 

Soooo, I've been debating what my first post should be about since I have been on IP for awhile - should I start fresh and just document what I am making from this point forward? Should I go back in time and post about what I had first made when I started? After much consideration, I thought the most "ideal" first blog post (get it?) should be about what I LOVE to make - my go-to dishes, spices, and gadgets! So here we go! 


  • Cauliflower Rice
    • Y'all. It turns out... I freaking love cauliflower. It is so diverse and pretty much takes on whatever flavor you add to it. Baller. The first magical cauliflower item  I will share is the rice product. Since starting IP I have pretty much made Amazon by be-otch. I order stuff ALL the time. One of my most prized items is my cheese grater. All you have to do is grate the raw cauliflower into "rice" and then saute it with a little olive oil - BAM. So easy and SO amazing. I love to add soy sauce and make a stir fry. Or rosemary. You can add cilantro and lime juice and it gives it a mexican flavor. Try it. Even my skinny mini roommates love it! 
  • Cauliflower Mash
    • My other obsession. Steam the cauliflower for about 4 minutes until relatively soft and throw it in a food processor - I use the Magic Bullet because it's small and I live in New York :) I add a little water to smooth it out. Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch is a delicious add-in, as is Dijon mustard -- sounds weird I KNOW but it's oh so good. I make cauliflower mash probably 5 times a week. Never get's old. 
  • Adobo Spice
    • In our apartment we refer to Adobo Spice as the spice that makes everything taste better. Seriously. We add it to everything. It's amazing. Everything. 
  • Torani Sugar Free syrups
    • Use in moderation. These syrups are fantastic in coffee, or as a flavor enhancer when I make cookies or mug cake with the chocolate drink mix. I especially like pumpkin, vanilla, hazelnut, cookie dough. Not a fan of the gingerbread or peanut butter but you might be! I hear smores is pretty tasty too. They have 35 different flavors. Yes. 35. 
  • GEFU Spiral Cutter
    • Thanks, Amazon! This little gadget is what I make my zucchini noodles with. It runs about 30 bucks but it is also SO worth it. 
  • Egg Cups
    • Egg cups are an apartment favorite as well. Pretty much the easiest egg dish ever. Spray a muffin pan with pam and crack 1 egg in each hole. Season as desired and pop them in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. They turn out over medium and as a bonus: they are too cute. 
  • Turnip Fries
    • I could eat these every day. I had never had a turnip before I started Ideal and, surprise! I love them. Slice a turnip into "fries" or cubes if you wanted to make a sort of hash - either spray with olive oil spray or coat in 1 tbsp of olive oil and set on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes - flip - another 20 minutes. This will be shocking but I add adobo spice on mine and they are BANGIN! Yum. 

Those are pretty much my if I don't want to think about it dishes. So yummy you don't even feel like you're on a "diet." Here are some pictures of the items described for your viewing pleasure :) 

In Happiness and Health, 
Stacy 

 Turnip Fries with a pepper omelet 

 Zucchini Noodles!  
 Cauliflower mash with shrimp and kale chips 


 Egg cups with rosemary
 Cauliflower Rice with Tilapia 


1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration to get me back on track! Im a little obsessed now..

    ReplyDelete